As the most popular dermatologist Rye, New York has to offer, Dr. Ruth Treiber MD of Ruth Treiber Dermatology receives constant questions about facial moisturizers and her recommendation on the best ones. Dr. Ruth Treiber recommends that patients always use a separate cream for their face and their body, as they each have different moisturizing needs. Face creams can be difficult to choose from as their are many on the market making claims that seem to go over the head of most.
Here are Dr. Ruth Treiber’s tips on how to choose the right facial moisturizer.
- For those wth sensitive skin, make sure to look toward fragrance free options and those that are 100% oil-free.
- For those prone to acne, Dr. Treiber recommends finding creams that are “non-comedogenic,” which means they won’t clog pores.
- If you have normal to oily skin, go for a non-greasy, water-based moisturizer with silicone-ingredients.
- For dry to very dry skin, try heavier oil-based products made with mineral oil, glycerin. or hyaluronic acid.
- Be willing to switch it up, theres a number of different moisturizers out there and also a number of different factors that affect your skin. Hormones, environment, weather, medication, age, sex, hygiene, etc, all have an effect. So some patients prefer to use more than one when their skin is behaving differently!
- Use heavier creams for winter months and lighter gels or silicone based creams for warm summer months.
If you suffer from overly-dry skin and need additional help with your skin , contact Dr. Ruth Treiber and Treiber Dermatology today!